Monday 27 April 2020





Attempting to understand my animation better. At the moment I have been working on small segments but have been struggling to view my animation as a whole. As a result I decided I need to have a fuller view of my animation so I created a larger and fuller storyboard. The end is still uncertain as I still have a number of ideas in my head as to what to do. One idea is to have the bird turn the cat to ash. Another is to have the cat shrink in fear to reveal its true week form, this would be a play on Goebbels the Nazi propaganda minister and how although he endorsed the ‘final solution’ he was actually very weak in character and could not face what he did. I also had the idea of this huge Pheonix catching the cat and it gradually turning to ash in its talons.


  • The Phoenix is an allegory from the idea of the ashes used in the poem lady Lazarus. Although there is no reference to an actual Phoenix its the imagery the poem gave to me. It’s also perfect to suggest the revenge and the idea of being reborn that’s presented in the poem.


Below is the same storyboard but larger. I used watercolour to enable me to visualise the colours and how they would fit with the animation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Piece

Below is the link which will take you to my final animation on Vimeo https://vimeo.com/417594072